Hd_Gui Anti-Backup test report
I've just finished a series of tests trying to launch 50 different game backups with the new MC emulator GUI, all of which tests failed completely. 5 of those games were on CD-R with the rest on DVD-R discs, and the majority of the discs were 16x Certified Verbatim discs, so the media quality is not questionable.
In this long series of tests I also had reason to check out the consistency of another bug, which is that every other disc insertion will fail to produce any IMG scan at all, not even in the cdfs: root directory. So if we assign a count number to each disc insertion, starting at 1, then all the even-numbered insertions will fail to make any scan, giving only the odd numbered insertions any chance of working. This bug applies to all disc types, even pressed originals.
That bug obviously means that I had to make 100 disc insertions in order to test the 50 games properly, which still resulted in failure to find any IMG file for all those tests. (In fact I made many more insertion tests, just to check for consistency.)
At the end of this test series I finished by inserting a pressed original, known from previous tests to be compatible (UK FFXII), and this then booted normally without any problems, and with MC emulation active. Since that concluded the same boot session in which all the failed tests were made, it proved that the potential to launch a game correctly had not somehow been 'lost' by that long series of failures.
My conclusion from this test series is inevitably that this v1.06 of the GUI uses some method to scan CDVD that makes use of game backups impossible, at least for my PS2 model (v7) and my modchip (DMS4pro with ToxicOS).
I am now about to start another test series to find out more about the subfolder scanning bug I reported on earlier. So I'll be back again later with another report on that.
Best regards: dlanor