App. to automatically get ARTs: ps2list (2010.12.21)
I wrote a little application which automatically:
- Get the ps2 game list from the internal HDD (via HDL-serv) USB, or SMB folder, using a database.
- Download from internet the missing ART and screenshots
- Resize them and optionally upload them to the ps2 HDD via ps2's FTP server.
- Optionally create missing VMC files and edit the conf_vmc.cfg (OPL 0.8)
I'm not planning to increase the features, but I thought some people here may need it too, as it is.
A screenshot of the app:
No real documentation, but a quick tutorial when you run a internal ps2 HDD, as example:
- Run the ps2list.EXE
- The first time, the database is empty and needs to be updated. Then click on the button [Update Gamelist] to download the list from internet.
- On the combo list, select PS2_HDD
- Turn on your ps2, enter the proper ps2 IP, and run HDL-serv
- Click the button [PS2_HDD<-HDL Serv.] to get your ps2 gamelist from ps2's HDD
(if some games are unknown to database, then will appear blank in the list and you will have to edit them manually before continuing)
- Click on the [Export to OPL ] button to create the files (ART, screenshot, VMC, ect..) into a new folder created by the app: "/OPL_export/"
* Optional: If you check [FTP Read-Write] and run a ps2's FTP server, the app will ONLY create the missing files, and upload them automatically to the ps2...
I'll try to write a documentation when I get less lazy :s
Note that this program comes with the hdl_dump.exe file, from:
If this is a problem, just let me know.
Some necessary additional infos:
Combo EXT_NET shows ALL the games contained into the database
See the button [Update Gamelist]
Combo PS2_SMB shows the games from the SMB folder (CD\ DVD\ and ul.cfg)
See the entry from the ini file: path_ps2smb
Combo USB_HDD shows the games from the USB HDD (CD\ DVD\ and ul.cfg)
See the entry from the ini file: path_ps2usb
Combo PS2_HDD shows the games from the PS2's internal HDD (gamelist.log & hdl_dump.hdl_toc.log)
See the entry from the ini file: path_gamelist_log(obsolete) and [PS2_HDD<-HDL Serv.] button.
Sources are included into the archive. (DSC file)
- original release
- cosmetic fixes for 1024x768 users
- Added ini entry: win_style (0=none, 1=resizable, 2=smallcap)
- Modified gamelists combo to: EXT_NET, PS2_SMB, USB_HDD & PS2_HDD
- USB and SMB gamelists aren't refreshed anymore when using [PS2_HDD<-HDL serv.]
- Added ini entry: path_ps2usb
- Now path_ps2smb and path_ps2usb scans paths for CD\, DVD\ and ul.cfg
- Removed ini entry: path_ul_cfg (ul.cfg is now automatically loaded for USB and SMB paths)
- Now conf_vmc.cfg is uploaded to PS2's FTP also for USB and SMB export
- OPL_export folder is now saved into cache\ folder (for PS2_HDD mode)
- ART and VMC files are now directly copied to USB and SMB paths (no longer to OPL_export folder)
- Added checkbox: "OPL_export only" If selected, copy files only to cache\OPL_export folder (old behavior)
- Added ini entry: net_infos_URL (Use '*' character for the variable string. E.G. http://www.google.com/search?as_q=*)
- Others minors changes like bug fixes
byblo - email@example.com - 20xx - http://go.to/byblo