[HOWTO] Setup SMB connection with Windows 7 (PS2 / PS3)
so after some trial and error I got it to work properly and by looking at other threads, some people seem to have the same problem with Windows 7 and SMB, so maybe (hopefully) this Tutorial will also fix it for you.
NOTICE: Since I'm from Germany, my OS language is of course german, so I try to explain it as good as I can so you can port these configs to your OS's language. I made some screens so it's easier to understand.
So here we go:
1) Do a right click on your Network icon in your system tray and select the second entry in the upcoming menu, like this:
2) A window like the one in the pic below should come up, click at it where the red mark is:
3) Another window will come up, which will look like this, do a click where the red box is showing you:
4) Next up you have to click again where the red box is showing you:
5) Now you have to configure the settings exactly as this picture shows you, make sure that you are configure the "Private ..... (actual profile)" settings like the red box shows it and not the Public settings:
Well yeah, this is it, configure your PS2SMB folder like all the tutorials before this one told you to (Permissions for everyone = read only) and you should be good to go.
Make sure to use port 445 in OPL, because any other port seem to crash the app (at least it did for me).
I hope this was helpfull for some of you. Maybe if someone is up to it, you can make pics of your english windows and recreate this tutorial with proper pics and text :)
EDIT: Sorry, last pic had a little error in it, everything is fixed now :)