first of all i realize that most of my questions have already been answered somewhere, but please don't rage and say 'google it moron'. I'm 3rd year IT student - specialization 'Games and simulations technologies' and i'm currently choosing topic for my BSc dissertation - i thought that making some PS3 homebrew with PSL1GHT would be great as i'm familiar with most of modern programming languages and in the future i would like to work in games development. However, I need some more info before I decide on that topic.
1. Are there differences between code for official, leaked 1.92 SDK (that i cannot use due to being illegal) and code for PSL1GHT?
2. Are there any good libaries for managing assets?
3. Are there any good libaries at all?
4. How do you handle 3D graphics - OpenGL or libgcm and do you have full RSX access from GameOS?
5. Well, i'm not a Linux master - is setting up toolchain and preparing pkg files hard?
6. What about pixel and vertex shaders - are they avaliable and if so what should i write them in cG or GLSL? What version of shader model is supported?
7. What are best souces of knowlegde beside this forum?
8. Do you think it would be good topic for BSc dissertation? Will homebrew experience be useful in serious job in development? Is making PS3 homebrew or porting some OpenGL projects i have already finished hard?
That's all for the moment, if someone could take a minute and answer those questions i would be very grateful, I'd send link to this topic to my supervisor to clarify some of his and mine doubts.