Rogero CFW V2 with better Downgrade Compatibility
This is a better optimized version of the previous MFW released, This one is a Custom firmware
built manually by patching and packing the files and the final PUP package using the well known
"failoverflow" public set of tools and having "Kmeaw" as the base firmware unlike it's previous
version which was a Modified firmware built using the famous MFW builder application and using
an OFW3.55 as the base firmware.
Usage / Compatibility:
- Can be used for Downgrade directly as a replacement of the no_check.PUP to avoid the "Trophies error".
- Can be used for normal system update like any other CFW/MFW from XMB or from Recovery Menu.
- Kmeaw patched Lv2 with necessary patches to allow Peek/Poke support (same games compatibility as Kmeaw CFW)
- Dospiedra's LV1 patches necessary to bypass the Syscon checks for downgraded consoles. (same as no_check.PUP)
- Built-in system version spoof to 3.70 to prevent accidental system updates (won't allow going online in any way)
- Privacy Patch was not applied like previous version to allow Game updates (can be added easily using MFW builder)
- Custom Boot Logo.
- built-in "Heavy Rain" dynamic theme.
After several days and more testing of the first MFW released for downgrading from 3.70-->3.55
I had some users feedback from #progskeet-support that some PS3 machines are having either
the Registry Corrupted/Blue Screen or just a Black Screen after downgrade that required re-installing
the MFW from Recovery Menu or reflashing the NOR in some cases.
Further research about the donwgrade V2 patches and the no_check.PUP with some more testing
showed that a Kmeaw based LV2 seems to have better compatibility with the Downgrade patches
applied to the NOR image then a MFW built with a patched LV2, so I decided to build a new version
manually which is a custom firmware that combines Kmeaw LV2 patches with Dospiedras Lv1 no-check
patches and having the minimal/necessary set of patches to preserve the best overall stability.
Thanks to the all the beta testers especially Blakcat & Marlboro1 :)
N.B: please note that Rogero Manager v8.5 (to be released soon) or newer are only compatible with this CFW V2
because the CFW have the built in version spoofed to 3.70 and older versions of the Manager (8.4 and lower)
can't recognize it and won't be able to load the necessary payload.
Download Link ---> Rogero CFW V2