Mac Tool v1.3 to convert BDVD EBOOT to HDD Backup EBOOT
Just want to contribute a bit of software. Here is a Mac tool to automate EBOOT.BIN patching and making NPDRM package files with config.
You will still need to use "psn_package_npdrm" and "package_finalize" (for 3.55) to make a package file, because I can't find sources for "psn_package_npdrm".
Bin + sources
Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
1.3 - 16/01/2011
* Added option to not change game loading path.
Some games load from game data folder "/dev_hdd0/game/[TITLE_ID]" if "/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME" doesn't exist.
* Added option to change TITLE_ID for NPDRM package.
Some games should be installed to different folder to avoid conflicts with their real game data folder.
* Added option to make your own manual patches for EBOOT.BIN.
How to use:
1. Wait for popup asking you to patch EBOOT.BIN file.
2. Open "/tmp" folder in Finder with "Go -> Go to Folder.." command.
3. Patch backup "eboot.elf.bin" there, you can check original "eboot.org.bin" copy as well.
4. Click "Continue" to let application finish its job.
1.2 - 12/01/2011
* Improved pattern search for "/dev_bdvd" -> "/dev_hdd0" patch
* Patched bytes are displayed in text view
1.1 - 12/01/2011
* Added PARAM.SFO/PS3_SYSTEM_VER display label
* Added patch option to change PARAM.SFO/PS3_SYSTEM_VER to 3.41 version
* Copy LICDIR along with TROPDIR to NPDRM package files
* Fixed issues with saving more than one game backup packages from one application instance
* Static libraries linking replaced with dynamic linking. GMP library doesn't work properly when linked as static.
GMP dynamic library is included, so you don't need to install it to run application.
If you want to build project from sources install GMP library headers to /opt/local/include.
For HowTo see ReadMe.txt inside, compatible with Intel MacOS 10.5/10.6.
Feel free to update it for more tricks.
You can contact me on twitter: @wizdaz