The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
It's a couple things, A: this never picked up enough momentum, B: I don't want any shit from sony because my life is just starting to finally move in some direction other than sitting on my ass, and C: if I do make any progress, it's solely for linux and would definitely not be openly distributed anyway.
Originally Posted by themuse
I'm not making a ruckus about this anymore because I can probably get it working whenever i want should some time, effort, and elbow grease be put in. Not trying to be some pompous jerk right now either, it's plain and simple, this time in my life is not compatible with the risks for succeeding at something like this.
thats kind of a lame excuse, i would release if you wat, im not afraid on $0ny, i have nothing in my name, so they cant get blood from a stone, not that i think they would even try, not to mantion that there a re like 5 unprotected networks i pick up just in my house, ananimity is childs play
I understand B; you have every right to give your own life a path and priority over all hobby projects. In C, however, you're simply being that pompous jerk and an awful lot alike that French fella.
Originally Posted by Thecourier
some info for people:
- 0.2 is just lv0 with fixed RNG on RSA and all loaders are inside, mapped with an inline loader.
- Not only is code execution potentially possible from 0.2/lv0 NAND/NOR buffers(all memcpy), but also SCC->ROM vectors on ROM->PPU mapped execution
- All models can be dumped using SPI remapping on RAM, then your metldr can be used for dumping new code for RCE and possible key retrieval
- 3.55 can be modified to run 3.60+ loaders after the last procedure using any lv1 or lv2 patch or sdk
- You have to fuzz for code execution both locally and remotely, obviously. Unless you write a loader and use fa1loverflow's remote debugger.
P.S. I don't own a PS3 or have any SCE code on my hard drive