Updated download link with a new PS3Pong Icon and Game Engine. I also fixed all the compiling issues you may have had. Tested and organized.
BB Game Engine Changes:
- Added 3D vectors
- Added math.cpp and math.h for easy box collision detection.
- Added tile.cpp and tile.h for tiled map creation.
- Added Vec2_add();
Thanks for the source. It helps those of us who are sick of looking at Sony samples. :p With the tile map in the latest revision, are you using images or just using the GL to draw squares?
i've a question regarding the development of homebrew stuff in general. do u have to build a .pkg every time to test the changes u made, or is it possible to run the .self file directly via the remote debugger?
Don't know anything about a debugger. I assumed I couldn't use those features since I don't have a debug PS3. But I don't think you have to build the package every time. I think you can just build the encrypted .self and replace it via FTP. But I think that building a .pkg is much quicker.
I build a pkg every time I test. I'm not sure if it's the most efficient way, but that's how I roll at the moment.
With the tile map, the function takes an array of integers and you can modify the square at the end with anything you want. Right now, I believe it changes color based on the number passed in. But all it would take to use images is to make a texture loading function (coming soon!) and bind the texture in with the "if" statement for the square you want to bind it to.
I just looked at the source code and saw this. Well done. Very useful. I'll be editing it to load textures soon too, so I guess it's a race. :p I've created a few decent tile engines for PSP before, so I shouldn't have any trouble once I perfect texture loading. :p
Originally Posted by Lachrymose
Glad to hear! Thanks for the compliment, I'm Looking forward to seeing your work.
EDIT: Might have gotten textures to work! Have to wait until morning to test though, roomie is sleeping. By morning I mean sometime tomorrow :P