Questions to be answered
I have a few questions about backing up ps2 games. I have a slimline ps2 with the Swap Magic 3.3 Disc.
1. Which DVDR media works best? DVD-R or DVD+R
2. Which is the best brand of dvdr(s) to burn games onto?
3. Do some games require Dvd Loader in order to play right?
Ive tried searching for these questions but didnt answer them clearly.
1. depends on your model i think
mine reads plus r
2 not sure
3 if you have the new ps2 then yes i think you will need a dvd loader to run some games swap magic style
1. -R is always the way to go since it came out first meaning it has more compatibility. the reason there is a +R is because it can do multisessions
2. ritek is always a good brand to use and so is verbatim. i use sonic just because i figure in a few years it might go bad but by then my interest in ps2 might also die out also.
3. only if you boot by swap magic...mod chips shouldnt have a problem
Arrrrrrr, Imation, -R tis what I use and I nary gets a coaster. All depends on the game, and other factors too. But I swears by me Imation brand media.