complete n00b HDD backup questions
first - many thanks to spud42 for creating a freeMCboot card for me, I'm now able to play my games backed up to my internal HDD (I recently bought a network adaptor and hdd).
So I can backup my games to the existing hdd no worries, but I'm curious about the following please:
internal HDD questions:
1. I have a 200GB internal HDD, is there a limit to the maximum size (TOTAL) for the HDD?
2. Can I have multiple partitions on the internal HDD? If yes, what is the partition maximum size?
USB HDD questions:
3. What is the maximum size supported for external USB HDDs please?
4. What format does the drive have to be (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2 or custom PS2 format)?
5. rather than re-rip, can I copy the ISO backups I have on my PC direct to the external USB HDD and load them?
6. do the ISO files need to be in a /PS2 or /GAMES directory?
7. I've been using HD LOADER so far for games on the internal HDD - I like the look of PS2ESDL - can PS2ESDL read the same files as HD LOADER or do I need to convert them to a different format?
Oh and any other suggestions or info you can think of which a total beginner to PS2 backups might find useful to know would be appreciated (eg: I've read that using a USB 2.0 adapter and connecting the internal HDD and using a program named winHIIP is the fastest way to copy backups (ISO?) to the HDD).
Is there a recently updated FAQ anywhere please? Thanks once again.