The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Backups Question –
Ok, I am quite new to the PS2 scene. I know alot about the Xbox scene but my cousin owns a PS2 and would like to know how to play backups. I have 3 questions.
1. Can I play PS2 backups on an unmodded PS2.
2. How do I back them up. (For xbox you need FTP access since PC will not read info, just want to know if you need to do something similar)
3. Is there any type of Mod like the Softmod like the Xbox availible to the PS2, with no need on buying a Modchip etc.
Thanks for the help.
1. yes you can but mod is better
2.use dvd decryptor and unlike xbox pc can read ps2 so make image and then burn image all from pc
3. the softmod is something like swap magic and slide tool or make a memory card exploit with an original ps1 game
4. unlike xbox, ps2 hate cd-rw, use cd-r and dvd-r
Thanks for the help. just another question.
Do i make a standered iso to burn onto a dvd, or is there a program to make special ps2iso format or something.
And what exploit would involve less harm to the ps2, i would guess the meory card and ps1 exploit, whatever it is, can you link me with a tutorial.
You also said a mod is better, but is it worth it since all she wants is to be able to play her backups.
Last edited by Lithium1189; 01-02-2006 at 11:07 PM.
There not that bad if you lern how to rebuild games its ok. and the games that still dont work usly get a patch
(this option blows not compatible with all games)
Yes, but they are also usually the last method to come out with fixes, patches, ect. Not to mention some games are rediculous with the number of swaps that you have to do in order to get them running. Take a look at Gran Turismo 4. The HD mods were the first to get it, with the toxic patcher coming a close second (for modchips), the swap magic came last and it was only a bastardized DVD5 release. @dung beetle, you have to be careful about how you phrase that about an unmodded PS2 being able to play backups. Can a PS2 play backups without a hardwired modchip? YES!!! Can a PS2 play a backup without some sort of mod method? NO!!!! Even though the swap discs, HD Loaders aren't hardwired modchips, they still qualify as a mod method as a backup cannot possibly work on an unmodded system without them. @the original post, I too recommend the HD/Advance/HD Loader method. Not very difficult to put in and it is like having an HD upgrade for your XBOX.