Ripping blu-ray images via asbest0S
I have spent quite a while trying to figure this out and I finally got it. I decided that I should post it here showing anyone in case they are having the same issues.
So, I have no external hdd, only a 16gb usb stick so I was unable to use that as a partition to format it too.
I used kha0S linux v3.
Another computer running linux.
kha0S linux v3
lvl2 patcher v9
Blu-ray disk you want to rip
You will need su access for terminal
1. Download kha0S linux v3
2. Extract the file 'linux.img' to your desktop.
3. Open a terminal on your linux distro (I'm using ubuntu) and type
(replace 'user' with your username)
4. Now we will be creating an empty .img file to the size of your choosing. I chose a 52gb file to be large enough to hold any blu-ray movie.
Using this command
dd if=/dev/zero of=linux2.img seek=55500999999 bs=1 count=1
For me, this created a 51.7gb file. You can change it to whatever you wish though.
5. In terminal type
mke2fs -F debian2.img
6. Now it is time too mount the two images
mount -o loop linux.img linux
mount -o loop linux2.img linux2
7. Now to copy all of the contents of the original linux.img to the new linux.img
cp -R -f * /home/user/Desktop/linux2
8. Now to unmount them - if they won't unmount for you then don't worry, that is a common thing so just restart your computer.
9. Now to delete the two folders we made - if you had to reboot, make sure you don't forget too do the command cd /home/user/Desktop/ again.
rm -r -f linux
rm -r -f linux2
10. Now, delete the old image and rename the new image
mv linux2.img linux.img
11. Now, to set permissions for the new linux.img
chmod a+x linux.img
chmod 777 linux.img
Congratulations on successfully completing the first part!
12. Using openftpps3 2.0, transfer the new linux.img to /dev_hdd0/ on your PS3.
13. Install asbest0S v1.5 and wait until it says press x to close then go into lvl2 patcher v9 and select the linux option.
14. Once it is booted, use the username ps3 and the password ps3 to enter into the OS.
15. With the blu-ray disc you are wanting to rip inserted, type into terminal
dd if=/media/NAME/ of=/home/user/Desktop/NAME
16. Once that is done, using network sharing, copy the file from the ps3 linux to any computer.
You have now successfully ripped the disc :)
I hope this helps someone!