1. Install my latest CFW
2. When installation is finished, reboot in Recovery Mode (not the Backup/Restore in XMB) and choose "Restore PS3 System"
3. Now your GameOS should use only the half of your HDD
(Currently working on a better approach)
4. Run setup_flash_for_otheros.pkg (for all PS3 models)
5. Reboot (It's important to shut down and turn on your PS3)
6. Store dtbImage.ps3.bin on USB drive, plug it in and run install_otheros.pkg
(NAND owners should use dtbImage.ps3.bin.minimal, rename it to dtbImage.ps3.bin).
Try different USB ports if you don't get any beeps.
7. Run boot_otheros.pkg
8. Run reboot.pkg (use the package, not manually reboot!)
9. You should be in petitboot now.
Exit from CUI to shell or switch to another virtual console.
10. Run script create_hdd_region.sh - rem to CHMOD 755
11. Reboot and boot petitboot again
12. You should see now new HDD device on petitboot, /dev/ps3dd.
That's your OtherOS HDD region.
Don't touch any other HDD regions if you don't know what you are doing. Use only ps3dd
device for your Linux installation. Use parted to partition it and create GPT partition
table on ps3dd. GPT is supported by both, Linux and FreeBSD.