The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By manster
[Tutorial + Video] Install OtherOS++ CFW 3.55 by glevand and Red Ribbon Linux - PS3 (noob friendly)
[Tutorial + Video] Install OtherOS++ CFW 3.55 by glevand and Red Ribbon Linux - PS3 (noob friendly) –
Watch on YouTube for 720p!
Installing OtherOS++ CFW by glevand and Red Ribbon Linux (RC5) on the PS3. Your HDD will be formated and you loose all data! You need a USB keyboard, a mouse and a PS3 on 3.55 or below. Done one PS3 Slim 160GB CECH-2504a (original firmware 3.55).
You can get all OtherOS++ tools here:
Red Ribbon Linux:
Step 1 - Install OtherOS++ CFW and HDD partitioning
1. Put CFW355-OTHEROS++.pup on your USB stick (X:/PS3/Update/) and rename it do "UPDAT.PUP"
2. Install CFW355-OTHEROS++.PUP
3. Turn off PS3
4. Start PS3 in Recovery Mode (press power button till ps3 shuts down, then again until it beeps)
5. Choose "Restore PS3 system" (Your HDD will be formated and you loose all data!)
Step 2 0:20 - Install and setup Petitboot + create HDD region
Put following files on the root of your USB Stick and put it in your PS3:
Every tool has to beep! If not, try the other USB slot.
1. Install "setup_flash_for_otheros.pkg" and run it
2. Turn off PS3 (with controller) and turn on again
3. Install "install_otheros.pkg" and run it (takes a few seconds...).
4. Install "boot_otheros.pkg" and run it
5. Install "reboot.pkg" and run it
6. You are now in Petitboot (01:06). Set Video Mode if needed
7. Exit to Shell
8. Type "cd /tmp/petitboot/mnt/sda1/"
9. Type "./create_hdd_region.sh"
10. Ctrl+Alt+Del to get back to the XMB or restart the PS3
Step 3 01:45 - Install Linux to the PS3 HDD
Copy all Red Ribbon Files to the root of your USB Stick, or burn it on CD, and put it in your PS3.
1. Start "reboot" from XMB to get into petitboot
2. Chose the first one
3. Install Red Ribbon (~20min), choose username and password and reboot via Linux
4. Run "Reboot" if you get to the XMB
5. Chose Red Ribbon Linux-otheros
6. Installation completed!
More info on OtherOS++, different Linux distros and tutorials:
OtherOS++ - PS3 Development Wiki
Otheros++ | PS3Hax Network
Thanks to all developers!!!