Hello you PS3 experts,
I have read a lot of threads (here and on other forums).
On another forum they say that Sony is going to remove the option 'Update Firmware via USB".
Furthermore I read things like blacklisting all known homebrews (like the AwesomeFileManager, OpenManager etc.)
And the 3rd shocking thing is that Sony are going to completely disable the USB controller while the PS3 is booting.
So, let's summarize:
- No JB sticks (for Service/Debug mode or downgrading)
- No FW update offline (unless it's an original BD game)
- No more working signed tools
- No more adding of new signed tools
- No more GeoHot CFW (I think he has other - more serious problems - now -> lawsuit)
I hope that not all of that points are true.
If they are, Sony can win.
But as you already know I am an unexperienced user, so I don't know any of the possibilities.