The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Where to start? Getting grips with JB
1) I use my PS3 as media server as well so basically there's a neat tricky you can use. Basically go to network settings and set up your connection manually. When you get to DNS settings, enter in literally anything for the addresses (so something like 220.127.116.11 etc). Make sure your IP address is correct though. This way your PS3 won't be able to connect to the internet BUT it will be able to connect to your home network so you can continue to use your PS3 as a network media server.
2) Backup manager was the original 'manager' used to run your PS3 games off a hard drive. Only the PSJailbreak team (the guys who brought the jailbreak to us) had the source code for the app so no modifications could be made by others. Some anonymous guy on the Elotrolado forums, however, released an 'open source' backup manager (which did the same thing the normal backup manager did) to the public.
Now Open Manager has clearly overtaken the original backup manager by a long shot.
By no-disc what they mean is, most (but not all) games can be played from your hard drive without having to have a bluray disc inside the PS3 (as was originally required).
Hope that helps
Awesome ^^ Thank you very much - That helped alot!
I've got a few more that sprung up in mind im sure many more will..
- I saw a thread about a freestore or something for homebrew? If i followed ur advice on the manual network settings e.g. dns 18.104.22.168. - could i still connect to that?
- I see alot about updates etc? Are they essential? If im playing offline does that mean they won't work or something? Or is it just a lil tweaks in the game?
- Any good emulators ? or Games you reccommend?
Thank you again for the help! Been waiting ages and too scared to try it out before i mess up!