The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By Shaitan
Upgrading from True Blue 2.7 to CFW 4.30 Rogero??
Upgrading from True Blue 2.7 to CFW 4.30 Rogero?? –
I am not new to this but need some clear answers about the process and the results.
1) Do I need to be on OFW 3.55 before upgrading to new CFW 4.30?
2) With some of the games e-boots being altered for true blue will they even be playable new CFW even if I get original e-boots for True Blue games? I have read some reports that games that ran on True Blue won't run on new CFW and have to be re-ripped and unaltered and deleting all previous game data. This one concerns me the most! Over 50% of my games have True Blue e-boots and scared they won't be playable if I upgrade.
3) I'm on True Blue ver 2.7 which includes spoofer. Will spoofer prevent me from making the transition back to 3.55? Do I need to restore to OFW 3.55 in safe mode or use CFW 3.55 type firmware before upgrading?
4) Originally my PS3 was on KMEAW 3.55 before True Blue and and PS3 fat older model. Is Toggle QA check necessary?
5) If my True Blue games will work on CFW 4.30 is there a pkg out there to convert true blue e-boots back to default or does it have to be done one by one?
These questions and concerns I'm sure have been addressed but been searching the web and here but haven't found a thread with these issues addressed together in one nice thread for True Blue users. Please share some light on this. Sure don't want to mess my working system up being it's still working now even though it is dongle dependent at the moment. I would love to make the change without causing a disaster to my games and all the work ripping my games. Thanks.
1) Install 3.55 OFW first when changing from True Blue, it's not necessary but I recommend it just to be safe.
2) Games with True Blue fix's wont work, you need to get the original eboot's to get them to work, there's heaps of sites with them just google "ps3 original eboot's"
3) Install 3.55 OFW from Recovery Menu and the spoof shouldn't be a problem(can't remember, can you disable it?).
4) YES, if you haven't QA Flagged yet install Kmeaw after 3.55 OFW and run Toggle QA, do the button combo on Network Settings to make sure it's enabled. The QA Flag makes changing firmwares much easier. Then install the CFW you want.
5) Nope no PKG's to convert the eboot's back sorry, it'll have to be one by one.
If you follow what I've said and don't try and rush it then you shouldn't have a problem.
P.S. Make sure to QA Flag
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try your instructions. Your information was very informative and insightful. Thx again for your help!
Hii...I can confirm... I've just updated directly from tb to rogero 4.30 without passing from OF... the only problems that I had are some freezing on AC3... but for the the others all ok...also the last of us..that I've copied all one in my internal hdd.. sometimes I've inserted games updates..but I don't know if it is necessary...sorry for my bad english...greeting from ITALY..
I sucessfully enabled QA flag and upgraded to new CFW 4.46 then rolled back to 3.55. My question is since I rolled back to 3.55 CFW do I need to enable QA flag again or is that just a one time thing. Thanks.