1. You can download the latest update through multiMAN, just press square (or triangle) on the game and select update. This will only work if only the eboot was patched. It won't work if there are patched sdats, you will have to restore the original sdats.
Originally Posted by blacknwhite
2. All CFWs, even 3.55 if patched properly, can allow PSN, but you always risk getting banned if you connect to PSN on CFW. 4.30 CFW is the latest stable CFW, there are 4.31 CFWs but they are not as stable and reliable as 4.30 CFW. The 2 most popular, reliable and stable 4.30 CFWs nowadays are Rogero and Rebug, but I believe Rebug is the CFW to go for. It's always been reliable and never had any problems.
3. nor/nand dumps apply to all PS3s, you do it through multiMAN or Rebug Toolbox if on Rebug CFW, this is basically a precautionary measure so that you can recover in case you brick your console when installing new CFW. It's just a copy of your firmware extracted from your flash and copied to you USB flash drive.
4. If a 3.55 fix has a pkg that you need to install, this pkg is in most cases a patched update. Yes you would put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive and install it through Install Package Files/Package Manager. You would still have to load the game through mM. Unless the whole game is a PSN game, you would install the whole game from a pkg file and you would launch it directly through the XMB.
5. As I explained in point 2, Rogero 4.30 and Rebug 4.30 are 2 different 4.30 CFWs. You only need to install one of them. Installing one on top of the other will replace the other.
CECHL 500GB: OFW 2.50 > OFW 2.76 > OFW 3.41 w/ dongle > OFW 3.55 > 3.55 kmeaw > Rebug 4.30.1 > Rebug 4.30.2
You can always use the Like
button if you think my post was useful
Off to my summer vacation, might be AFK for a while... Happy Summer!