1. You can download the latest update through multiMAN, just press square (or triangle) on the game and select update. This will only work if only the eboot was patched. It won't work if there are patched sdats, you will have to restore the original sdats.
Originally Posted by blacknwhite
2. All CFWs, even 3.55 if patched properly, can allow PSN, but you always risk getting banned if you connect to PSN on CFW. 4.30 CFW is the latest stable CFW, there are 4.31 CFWs but they are not as stable and reliable as 4.30 CFW. The 2 most popular, reliable and stable 4.30 CFWs nowadays are Rogero and Rebug, but I believe Rebug is the CFW to go for. It's always been reliable and never had any problems.
3. nor/nand dumps apply to all PS3s, you do it through multiMAN or Rebug Toolbox if on Rebug CFW, this is basically a precautionary measure so that you can recover in case you brick your console when installing new CFW. It's just a copy of your firmware extracted from your flash and copied to you USB flash drive.
4. If a 3.55 fix has a pkg that you need to install, this pkg is in most cases a patched update. Yes you would put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive and install it through Install Package Files/Package Manager. You would still have to load the game through mM. Unless the whole game is a PSN game, you would install the whole game from a pkg file and you would launch it directly through the XMB.
5. As I explained in point 2, Rogero 4.30 and Rebug 4.30 are 2 different 4.30 CFWs. You only need to install one of them. Installing one on top of the other will replace the other.
Originally Posted by ibrodmx
still cant download from the site can u help sending it to my inbox or send me anoda site to download
One last question...
If I upgraded to rebug 4.30.2 would I be able to downgrade to kmeaw 3.55 or OFW 3.55 for any reason?
Yes and it's very easy but you should never need to downgrade back to 3.55 unless you need to extract the root key if you have a broken BD Drive.
Here's a direct link to Rebug 4.30.2: http://scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REB...X_PS3UPDAT.PUP
I see that you went from Kmeaw 3.55 to rebug directly. Did you first go through OFW 3.55?
Is there a tutorial with exact details on how to upgrade "from Kmeaw 3.55" to rebug?
You have the most helpful, thanks again.
Yes that's right, no I didn't go through OFW, I just installed Rebug on top of kmeaw.
Originally Posted by blacknwhite
Here's what you need to do:
1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)
2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and update from storage device (or something like that). Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't update from the Internet or else you would install OFW!
3- Install Rebug Toolbox:
Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it and enable QA under Utilities. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading. You can also change System Mode to Rebug to spoof to 4.31, XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA. This is to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably don't need.
Hi mschumacher69 - thanks for your help. you've been extremely helpful. Appreciate it man.
it didnt work it gave me an error with code 800f107