The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Understanding Jailbreak before Purchases
Understanding Jailbreak before Purchases –
Hello, I need your guys help. I had jailbreak my psp before, but now I have actually decided to buy PS3. I looked to the forum but there's certain thing that is just doesn't explaining directly. So, here's the questions.
1. I think I'm gonna buy a 320gb Slim, is there limitation on which PS3 model can jailbreak, or it is solely OFW limitation?
2. How do I know the PS3 I will buy is currently on OFW 3.55 or below? (I'm going for 3.55 USB jailbreak method, the method required normal FAT32 formatted USB drive right?)
3. Should I restrict myself to buy USA console? or I can change the O and X button later?
4. What is a prepatched CFW?
5. After installing Kmeaw, can I upgrade it to future CFW updates or other non-kmeaw CFW update just like PSP?
6. Will installing the CFW disabled the blueray movie? If so, can it be recovered in OFW or another firmware? (I think I read about this somewhere here.)
7. Does the CFW automatically disabled automatic update? Or I have to disabled it manually. What happen if a games required an update to play?
8. What is the purpose of multiman? I think as I understand it, its a necessary component to run pirated games, is it correct?
9. What is Firmware (PUP)? (I could only found tutorial, but no explaining what it does.
10. Should I be worry that PS Move will have problem working on CFW?
Alright, I think that's it so far. I think one or more of these question gonna brew more questions. ^^
Last edited by triquetra; 09-01-2011 at 09:05 PM.
1- Actually, it is a matter of both. The PS3 has to have originally came with OFW v3.55 or less in order for you to jailbreak it. And if it has been updated to something higher since then, you will need to downgrade it before you can jailbreak it.
2- I suppose search, ask, and perhaps buy from somewhere that you can return it if it comes with firmware over 3.55
3- You can swap the O and X later
4- CFW that you do not have to patch yourself. Just slap it on the USB, and install away
5- Yes. For some models though, you will need to use the recovery meny, but for other you should be fine installing it from the XMB over your old CFW
6- No, blu-ray playback still works
7- If the CFW is spoofed to match the latest OFW, that will help prevent your system from updating. But sometime updates reside on the game disc, and you can accidently update your system if you are not careful. If a game requires you to update, then do not play it. Wait for a patch/fix to become available, and then play it.
8- multiMAN is used to create backups of your games, as well as run them. There are other backup managers to, but multiMAN seems to be the most popular. You can also use it for other things, such as moving files between the internal and external hard drives. Plus so much more!
9- This is the firmware package. Simple and plain, it contains either official or customized firmware for you PS3. Popular firmwares for hacking/modding/jailbreaking are 3.41v2 and 3.55.
10- I have a move, and I have not had any problems with any of the games so far. That is 3.55 CFW, as I did have some problems with most of the move games while I was still on 3.41v2 Jailbreak.
Thank you for your reply. This answer a lot. I just have to buy one and test on site for the version.