Some days ago I saw the Simple PS3 Proxy tool.
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/simpl...eleased-79417/ (Simple PS3 Proxy - PSN Firmware Version Bypass is Released)
This small proggy inspired me, I tried it and worked partly for me, many thanks to the developer!
I read the comments from others, and some were asking for a mac version, or a commandline version.
Well, I did a search on the Internet and tried to develop something in Qt4.
Qt4 code can also be compiled on Linux (e.g. ubuntu).
I was a little lucky to find a Qt4 webproxy example on the net.
don't code today what you can't debug tomorrow: simple http proxy server in 100 lines
I picked it up, start modifying it... and Qute PS3 Proxy was born
The tool is split up in 2 parts: GUI executable and commandline executable (the actual proxy server).
Details are at the readme.txt file in the zip archive.
I've shared the source code also on gitorious: Qute PS3 Proxy - Gitorious
Feel free to have a look!
I'm sure there are some things that can be done better (self-criticism), e.g. there are no proper error messages.
Some might think: "Oh, another tool that does the same", Or "Why don't use the DNS trick?"
True.. but I like the community here, and want this tool to share with you
If you like the tool, use it... if not, throw it in the trash bin
I don't know if it's safe to use, or safer than the DNS trick. I do not give any warranties :P
I also don't know how long this tool stays working. Let's say: "Use it while it works.."
- Login PSN on FW 3.55.
- Internet browser on PS3 works (for http).
- PS Store works here, demo's can be downloaded.
- Trophies can be synched.
- Source code can be compiled on Ubuntu (10.04) with Qt4 and Qt Creator to build a linux version.
Some side notes (for Qt4 based proxy):
- No https support
- When starting games it will log out of PSN!
---- v0.2a ----
- added system tray icon with rightclick menu (minimize, maximize, restore and quit).
- added tooltip on system tray icon showing the status of the proxy server.
- added error messages.
---- v0.3 ----
- Added Python Proxy option (with SSL (https)) support!
- To use this option, installation of the Python interpreter (Python 2.x) is required!
- Windows version of Python 2.7 can be downloaded at: http://python.org/ftp/python/2.7.1/python-2.7.1.msi (or visit Python Programming Language – Official Website)
- Fill in the Python Installation Path field where you installed Python 2.7 (default: C:\Python27) (or prepend it to the environment variable PATH in Windows)
- Show Tray icon warning only one time per session
- Save Settings to xml file (QutePS3ProxySettings.xml) (make sure you have write rights in the working directory)
- Load Settings from xml file (QutePS3ProxySettings.xml) on startup of the GUI
---- v0.4 ----
- Added IP addresses list widget showing the available IP's (IPv4) from your up & running network cards
- Added new Python Proxy script ( QutePS3TinyPyProxy.py ) which may work better.. (experimental)
- Same parameters can be used: e.g. python QutePS3TinyPyProxy.py -p8080 -ifw3.5500 -rfw3.5600
- Added radiobuttons to switch between the two python proxies, simple (QutePS3PyProxy.py) and advanced (QutePS3TinyPyProxy.py)