PS3 Kiosk to retail using TI-89 Jailbreah
I am very confused and need help.
I have a PS3 Phat Kiosk (CECHA01) on fw 3.41 kiosk. My jailbreaker is a TI-89 calculator.
What I am obviously trying to achieve is to get a retail unit (cfw or ofw, cfw probably preferred).
I really need to know what to do and what files to use. This site has posted the following guide:
"Before starting download the attached vsh.rar, along with a copy of Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager, Waninkoko's Free Flash, and the Kiosk HEX payloads.
1. Flash a Kiosk payload to your jailbreak device.
2. Insert the JB device into your PS3, insert a disc into the PS3. Hard power off the PS3 (unplug or back switch), then hard power it on (plug or back switch). When it restarts automatically hard power it off again as soon as you see the blue light flash. Hard power it on once more.
3. Power On button then Eject within 0.2 seconds.
4. Place Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager, FreeFlash, and the vsh folder onto a USB thumb drive and insert it into the PS3. Go to System, hover over Security Settings, hold L1, R1, Select, and Square: Type in 2998. Then Install both packages and run FreeFlash.
5. Run ComgenieAwesomeFilemanager. Browse to /dev_fflash/vsh/. Switch over to the right side and browse to /dev_usb00x/vsh/. Press select, circle, then start.
6. Wait until it finishes copying over. Hard reset your console, and it's done!"
My problem is step 1, I have no idea how to do this with the TI-89. I have never used to jb before so I don't know about payloads. What I do know is that the kiosk payload comes with 13 files all in .hex format, I believe I need them in .89y format. Also which file would I use?
My other issue is the use of Waninkoko's Free Flash, is it safe? I imagine it should be since that tutorial used a CECHA01 PS3 and it isn't the cfw. I am just a little cautious because it is Waninkoko and I cannot afford to replace my unit.