PS3 HDD upgrade with custom firmware???
I want to upgrade my HDD but have a few questions. (3.55 Kmeaw)
Does the PS3 backup tool still work fine under CFW? (so I can make a backup first)
Or can I take out the old HDD and connect it to the PC and then copy everything?
And if I put in a new HDD you have to install firmware usually. (which one should I install? OFW or CFW 3.55?)
What HDD would you install? 640GB 5400rpm or 640GB 7200rpm?
After a week of stuggling I finally did it.
Here is how I upgraded my HDD without losing my trophies. (PS3 PHAT 80GB 16MB NAND)
1. FTP (blackbox or whatever) to hdd0\home\(userid) and copy the tropy dir to your computer.
2. OFW 3.55 (recovery menu)
3. Backup (backup utility)
4. Replace HDD
5. Install 3.55 OFW
6. Restore backup (backup utility)
7. Install CFW 3.55 Kmeaw (XMB)
8. FTP to hdd0\home\(userid) and copy back the tropy dir.
9. Go to recovery menu and choose Rebuild Database
10. After rebuild go to XMB and see all your trophies restored.
Have fun with your new HHD!!!