The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS3 FW 3.41 Help please!!!!
PS3 FW 3.41 Help please!!!! –
Ok after a while of not being here finally iam back!!
i haven't been here seens free_mcboot days wao that's a long time
well hi again guys!!
Ok i have a ps3 FW 3.41 and i need exactly what i have to download
for this version of ps3 for now i have i couple of things but i don't know much
of it first i have ps3 3.41 CFW Kakaroto is this the one i should be using?
Is this install from recovery menu? i download a jailbreak but it says 3.55
is there a 3.41 jailbreak? or is the sameone and i can use this one? what level package should i use? i have download this one lv2-v6.pkg how do you install
multiman? or is there something better? please help me with this thank you in advance and please make sure you really know how to do this.
1. Use kmeaw's 3.55 CFW. There are a couple of threads on here that have a link to it (or get it from Dashhacks). Install via recovery (recovery does not equal service mode)
2. Once on 3.55 CFW, install MultiMan, Rogero's, or Gaia manager (all a preference of what you like best)
3. There is a 3.41 JB if you want to use dongles, or you can get Hermes 3.41 CFW. Note: you will have to modify games that came w/ 3.50 or higher keys to get them to work on 3.41.
4. All the managers have the payload built into them now, so just install the newest BM of your choice, and that's all you should have to do. Don't worry about the lv2.pkg's anymore unless you want to install AsbestOS.
whats BM? sorry new about ps2 but ps3 aim like a newbie.
so i have already download PS3_355_KMEAW_CFW.RAR & PS3_341-KAKAROTO_CFW.RAR
i knew someone would say i should upgrade to FW 3.55 so i download the OFW 3.55 too.
I have MultiMan but first i believe i should be in OFW 3.55 and after that i should install
CFW KMEAW is that right? then i go and use jailbreak 3.55 and install it from the XMB after that i should install multiman is this is right? i would like some steps please. what did you mean i don't have to worry about the lv2-v6.pkg is that i dont need to use it anymore? explain a bit please.
1. Upgrade to 3.55 OFW via the System XMB w/ your OFW file on a thumbdrive in x:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP (capitalization is a must, x is the drive letter of your thumbdrive. http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...date/index.htm)
2. Put the kmeaw 3.55 CFW on your thumbdrive overwriting the OFW and install via recovery mode (How to access the PlayStation 3... | PlayStation® Community Forums)
3. Install the latest version of MultiMan, Rogero's, or Gaia via the Install Packages option that you'll now have available in the Games XMB (you'll need a copy of any of these BM's (BM = backup manager) signed for 3.55. Use any package that says it's signed for Wutangrza, Geohot, or Waninkoko firmware)
4. The lv2.pkg file is what was used to put the jailbreak payload into memory, but is no longer needed as the BM's will detect if the payload is present and if it isn't, will load it for you.
thank you so much for your help. this is good so now the managers are signed great!!
one last question so i dont need at all the level2.pkg so this means not to install ok.
or it needs to go somewhere where the BM can find it so it can boot it? thats all
my question are the emulators signed too? or you wont need them signed? to boot them.
GOD!!! it was suppose to be 1 question now theres 2 ah well.thanks for your help.
1. lv2.pkg isn't needed. The code from it is included in the BM's now.
2. Emulators to install must be signed w/ the 3.41 demo keys, or the 3.55 keys that geohot released. There is a thread for signed homebrew for 3.55 and 3.41 by AmazingLarry.
where can i find those can i find them here?