The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS3 Downgrade failure help
PS3 Downgrade failure help –
I attempted to downgrade from 3.50 to 3.15 which failed and I am unsure how to recover as it just switches itself off after about 10 seconds.
Here's what I did / have tried
1. Entered service mode (using a PSFEE)
2. Tried to downgrade to 3.15 but the PS3 green led kept flashing (manufacturing updating FAILURE(0x8002f149 in the log)
3. Tried to downgrade to modified 3.41 (same error in log)
4. Tried to downgrade back to 3.50 (didn't work)
5. Exited 'Service Mode' via file 2 (still nothing on screen)
If I try to re-enter 'Service Mode' the dongle led goes green (indicating success) however it refuses to read any firmwares from USB and just shuts down.
I am connected via a scart lead but this shouldn't matter right?
I experience same problem, Also no visual so I cannot see what happens.
I us a PS3Key and connected via HDMI
I fixed the missing visual thing by reverting the PS3's video settings to use the bog stand cable (Yellow, White and Red).
Originally Posted by R0hek
Hold down the power button until the console powers itself off
Hold down the power button until the console bleeps twice.
Make sure you have the standard cable connected.
Put the 3.50 firmware and file1 on your USB pen and power on PS3 (if the PS3 switches itself off after 10sec the repeat the process but leave 15sec between plugging in the usb pen and pressing the power button!).
leave for at least 15min (the power light will still be flashing green).
Power off (by the switch)
You should fine the PS3 is back in service mode with the 3.50 firmware.
So this gets me back to 3.50.
I am beginning to think it just wont downgrade as I have tried 3.41 (modified), 3.41, 3.21,3.15 & 3.15 debug.
Any ideas anyone?
OK had exactly the same problem, switch on, green light for 10 secs then red light again. I was on HDMI and left it on this setting to do the following, shouldn't matter what cable you have just leave it.
This was in another thread and got this working literally 10 mins ago after reading a crap load of stuff all over the net all bloody day.
First off props to everyone who helped out in the other thread, here's what I did EXACTLY and worked.
Originally Posted by LtDan313
I had the same problem I just fixed mine. What I did was:
1) Put the Downgrade Board in and pressed power and eject.
It stayed on and then went red.
2) I loaded the Lv2diag.self FILE 1 and the Modified 3.41 PUP on my usb stick and pressed the power button. It then continued to stay green for about 8 mins. or so then it blinked green and then went red again.
3) I then loaded erased my USB ad put Lv2diag.self FILE 2 on the root and pressed power. It went green for a sec and then went red.
4) I then powed on the ps3 with nothing in and it now is working good with 3.41 firmware.
On step 2 my ps3 stayed green for about 3 mins but green light stayed blinking. I switched off after maybe another 2 mins then on again and I was back in service mode. JOY!!! I switched off again and went to step 3 and worked fine from then. The HD was wiped of all save games, pics, music everything but shit I was happy it worked again. Thought it was totally dead.
Good luck. I had the sickening pain all day until just now I'm celebrating with a big glass of Jim Beam.
@Fatboyj where did you get the files because I have done exactly what you stated however without result.
I googled lv2diag.self and downloaded the files on the ps3hax thread, not sure if I can link them here. psdowngrader_files.rar (169.23 MB).
i have just tried downgrading so i can remarry a board but im stuck where the green light flashes and dosent turn off i have tried about 10 different firmwares including the reconmended 3.41 modified pup but none of them work the only one i can get to work is the 3.50 which is what im actually trying to downgrade from. im using the e3 card reader to get into service mode. and i have an original 60gb fat ps3