The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Progskeet V1.2 –
hello sorry if my post is in the wrong thread anyway i have important questions for you guys about the new progskeet V1.2 which i plan on buying when it's released to downgrade my ps3 80gb i also have a 60gb version running Rogero 4.30 cfw anyways here go
1. do i have to buy additional items like Injectus JTAG Programmer which is used with the recent version of ProgSkeet V1.1 Crystal Blue verison and a soldering iron and solder wire. if so what's the best solder iron and solder wire to use when installing Progskeet on PS3?
2. what is Injectus JTAG Programmer and what is it is used for in regards to ps3 downgrading and also what program do i need to use with JTAG in order for it to work with Progskeet? also please link me to install guides for JTAG and Progskeet.
3. do i need to buy additional items like the ones i mentioned above to work with the new Progskeet V1.2? or is everything already prepared to work the this new version of Progskeet because the reason i'm asking these various questions is because i only have experience using softmod methods when downgrading ps3 i've never used a hardware flasher for ps3 before and also because i'm interested in downgrading my ps3 and dumping both my nor and nand flash from both versions of my PS3 in case of a possible bricks and on that note how do i go about dumping the flash of my console using Progskeet? can someone link me to a guide on that. any help or advice someone can gave me on this specific topic just send me a message or post about it in this thread
ps. sorry to everyone for asking what might seem like noob questions but i'm the type of person likes to be prepared whenever i buy a new product
It's released you can buy them now just not the QSB boards yet.
1. You will need the Injectus JTAG Programmer. From what I've seen they are shipping the progskeet blank and you need the Injectus to program it. You will need a soldering iron, solder and wire. I use a Weller-WLC100 soldering station some good 60/40 or 63/37 solder and 28 AWG wire is recommended for soldering to a nand and 26 AWG for nor you shouldn't need much if using the QSB boards.
2. The Injectus JTAG Programmer is used to flash the Bitstream to the progskeet and the program you use for that is called INJECTUS programmer.
3. You can use the just the progskeet after flashing it with the Injectus JTAG Programmer you'll have to solder with wire to the ps3 or you can get the QSB boards or the clips that are not official supported to save some soldering and you can get a nand pcb for dual nand/nor.
All of the info and programs can be found on the progskeet site and/or on the ps3devwiki.
thanks for the reply pink1 for the soldering iron i was thinking about getting a soldering iron pencil tip would that be alright? because i don't plan to do alot of soldering cause i'm a noob as far as soldering skills are concerned lol(tho i know that the progskeet is solderless but still requires some soldering work to be done) also thanks for the heads up about where to find the guides related to progskeet and JTAG installing i'm recently in the process of reading over these guides to insecure that i know what i'm doing when i use the items to downgrade my ps3/not f*** up my ps3 and cause a possible brick or YLOD in the process but anyway thanks again for the reply
The E3/Progskeet solderless clips are not very good at all. I've used both and can not recommend either, I'm still waiting to see how the new QSB boards workout. It
would be a really good idea to find out what models of ps3 you have if they are nand or nor this will give you a better idea of what you'll need anyway you go about installing the progskeet, it's pretty much two different worlds. Do a lot of practicing soldering watch a few videos a little reading up on it and some flux and you'll surprise yourself.
The most important thing I can tell you about downgrading your ps3 is make sure you have a good dump to start with check it yourself then upload it to a file hosting site and have a few other people that have done this before look at it for you. People are more than happy to do this and nobody if gonna feel bad for you if you brick your ps3 with a bad dump it's too easy to prevent it just takes a little more time. Let us know when you get ready or if you have any more questions someone here is almost always willing to help.