Play PSN games, Homebrews, Emulators, PKG Games using your External HDD (Works on Any CFW or Jailbreak)
This tutorial is authority of mine
What i need ?
- PS3 Jailbroken 3.41 or 3.55
- PSN Game / Homebrew / Demo (everything can be installed on internal HDD)
- Hermes Manager (For 3.41) or Iris Manager (For 3.55)
- File Manager (Use the MultiMAN because of permissions to modify files)
- External HDD formatted on FAT32
This is works on any PS3 with CFW capabilitiy. Hermes/Waninkoko/Naima/Kmeaw/Rebug, all CFW works
1.Install the MultiMAN and the Hermes Manager.
2.Enter on File Manager mode and plug your external hdd.
3.Look for folder on your internal hdd: dev_hdd0\game
4.Create a folder on your external hdd with a name GAMEI
5.Now copy any PSN game from dev_hdd0\game to GAMEI
On Internal: dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30127
To External: dev_usbXXX\GAMEI\NPUB30127
This code is Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I for PSN but you can use other stuff. Tons of PSN games and homebrew stuff will works.
Note: You can delete now you game from internal HDD pressing Square on MultiMAN, but do not uninstall the game from XMB
6. After the Manager copy, just close the MultiMAN
7. Enter on Iris Manager/Hermes Manager
8. Make sure you have at least one Disc game backup on external or Internal HDD, if not, please copy from your original.
9. Highlight your game, press select to enter on Game Options
10. Go on "Config. Game" press X
11. On the option: Ext /dev hdd0/game switch to on and save config.
12. Play the game, you will return to XMB before launch the game (normal on backup managers)
13. Now you are on GAMEI mode.
14. Select the PSN game copied on MultiMAN to external HDD from XMB
For this Example: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I (NPUB30127)
Note2: All your other games, will have a unknown icon, because the PS3 recognize only your external HDD for stuff at this moment but, you can enter only on Iris Manager on Internal HDD, if you try to enter on other stuff you will get a error or corrupt data, but this is normal.
15. Enjoy the game on external HDD.
16. If you want to switch back to Normal Mode, just enter on Hermes/Iris Manager and exit. And all of your stuff installed on internal hdd will work again, and only external stuff will not work.
Advantages of This:
- Limit of Space is your external HDD.
- You can install any PSN stuff on your external HDD without a care for space on your internal HDD
- Good for not wasting internal HDD space (nice for PS3 with stock HDDs PHAT and Slim ones)
Disadvantages of This:
- Some homebrews will not work (i tested only with backup managers, but not with emulators)
- More seconds on loading time of the game.
I Created this because :
- Share ideias, It possible to run everything app on PS3 using only External HDD ?
- It's a nice proof that the scene is not dead and yes we can more.
The GAMEI mode or Ext dev_hdd0/game it's a mode to possibility a installation of game data on external HDD.
Gran Turismo 5 have a installation of 10GB of internal data on HDD, but with Ext dev_hdd0/game activated we can install on external HDD on a folder called GAMEI, but i use the exploit to make my PSN games work on external HDD too. That's Simple.
The Scene is Not Dead Guys
I have other names too, that's sonygalize.
Compatibility List : Working / Not Working (i will update)
Tested on Rebug/Kmeaw CFW 3.55
PSN Stuff (PSP games will not work, because it's a PSP game :lol:)
After Burner Climax
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Call of Duty Classic
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
All of PSOne Classics (more than 40 titles, it's a simple emulation, if one works, all works)
GTI Club+ RallY Cote D'Azur
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurrection
Prince of Persia Classic
3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures 2
Pac-Man Championship DX
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
GhostBusters: Sanctum of Slime
Wolf of Battlefield: Commando 3
Burn Zombie Burn !
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Demo (Full Game will works too)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Demo
Arcana Heart 3 PSN
Assassin's Creed PSN
Gran Turismo HD Concept 2.0 (ONLY WORKS ON KMEAW)
Burnout Paradise PSN
God of War HD PSN (Single File over 4GB, maybe can be extracted with a PSARC.exe tool ?)
God of War 2 HD PSN (Single File over 4GB)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (returns to xmb)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (returns to xmb)
Lara Croft And The Guardian of Light (Freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
Worms 2: Armageddon (Freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (freeze after PSMove instructions)
Worms (freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
Bejeweled 2 (Freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
Peggle (Freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
Novastrike (Not Froze, but BlackScreen)
Zuma (Freeze the PS3 with a BlackScreen)
DOSBOX 0.74 r1
Showtime Media Player 2.99.284
Genesis Plus GX v1.3
SNES9x PS3 v4.4.9
FBANext PS3 r435
Multiman 1.17.00 (Freeze at Playstation 3 background, maybe all backup managers will not work on external HDD.)
PS3SX Beta (Error 80010009)
With this method, you can install .pkg files directly to your external HDD too, just enter on GAMEI mode and Install yout PKG from Install Package Files Menu.
If you have suggestions or questions you can answer the topic or send me a PM.
Advertise: This is not a Warez, just a method to run games/homebrews/pkg games/emulators directly from external hdd. If you try this with a game that you don't purchased, will not work. But this works for retail PSN games/homebrews and pkg for problematic games or users that don't have a Blu-Ray drive working.