The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
New to the jailbreaking scene.
New to the jailbreaking scene. –
Hello PSX-Scene. I bought a jailbroken slim and a TB dongle, both of which should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. I'd like to be somewhat educated on how to use it from the start, so I've spent the last week or so doing constant research. Forgive my noobiness, but I do still have a few questions if somebody is so kind to answer them:
- The PS3 is spoofed (rebugged I guess) to 3.70. From what I understand, the idea of that process is to prevent accidental updates. Now I believe that 4.11 is the newest fw so should I update that?
- What about the true blue cfw? If the ps3 is on 3.55 but spoofed to 3.70, can I install the true blue fw on top of that without any adverse affects?
- I have an external hdd to store the games, and I know that it should be formatted to FAT32. What should the directory structure look like? The only thing I've found is that there should be a folder called GAMEZ. Is that it?
- How about applying the eboot patches for the newer games? Is there an easy to use utility to accomplish that?
I've been trying to piece together nuggets of info from various sources, but you know how it goes. You end up finding contradictory info all over the place lol. It's all very overwhelming to a noob. Thx in advance to anybody who can help.
CECHA01 (500GB Cobra 7/ REBUG REX 4.46 XMBM+, multiMAN/webMAN XMB, Showtime,)
all the info you need is in the guide bitsbubba linked you to but here's some short and simple answers to get you started
1. There's a newer spoof at Codename: REBUG. Use that one
2. You'll have to disable the spoof to install a new CFW
3. you can get away with just that folder. You can either use \GAMEZ or \GAMES. It has to be capitalized
4. drag and drop in windows. after you extract the patches you'll see the folder structure. Just copy PS3_GAME into your backup folder
Originally Posted by digipimp75
you might have to turn off the spoof in order to swap to the TB CFW
I had too... kepted getting a error....
you can do that by using the rebug tool for it which if its on rebug will show up in apps or package manager
Thanks for the tips guys... good advice all! As far as turning off the spoof... how does one go about doing that? I believe if it was done with rebug, you can use a certain buttom combo to activate/deactivate, or uninstall. The problem is, I'm not sure what exactly the seller used to spoof it so will check on that. Is there some kind of standard, universal way to remove it, no matter which version spoofer you use? Thanks again.