It appears that a new team, who goes by the name f0Xtr()n, has entered into the custom firmware game—releasing their very own version of custom firmware v3.55 called 3.55 FT - 1. As with all custom firmwares, install at your own risk and make sure to follow the instructions as given.
Disclaimer: This package is for demonstration use only, or for running your own made software (homebrew). We do not condone piracy and are not responsible of the small chance you may brick.
1. Place the Offical 3.55 to the ROOT of your USB device
2. Boot your system in RECOVERY MODE
3. Place the USB device into the left USB port
4. UPDATE the system via USB (in RECOVERY MODE)
5. Wait for your system to reboot and then remove the USB device
6. run the command "bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile" (without the qoutations)
7. Delete PS3UPDAT.PUP
8. Rename PS3CFW.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP
9. Place the newly created CFW onto the ROOT of your USB device
10. Boot your system in RECOVERY MODE
11. UPDATE the system via USB (in RECOVERY MODE)
12. ALL DONE! No need to run lvl2.pkg (you can if you wish), just run the lastest version of Multiman (1.15) to play you're backups!