The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
need jailbrake help –
ok so i have a ps3 that i want to jailbreak and play downloaded games with.
But i don't really know how to do this because i am new to this whole jailbreaking scene...
My Ps3 is v3.66 and i don't really know where to go from there i tried watching some youtube videos
reading the forum but all the information is to hard for me :P...
what i want is a jailbreak version that works with all the latest or old ps3 games that i can download and play.
I don't really need to be able to play online because i almost always only play with friends at home
but would be nice if i decide to buy a online playing game. So my question is...
1. What kind of jailbreak should i do, what steps and so on?
2. will there be any possibility to be able to play bought games online after the jailbreak?
3. can u revers a jailbreak?
4. are all the games that u can buy in the stores available to be downloaded and played on a jailbreaked ps3?
5. do i have to have a ps3 with allot of space or can i use my 1TB external HD or do i need to buy dvd,cds,blueray discs?
First of all, no piracy talk.
Piracy is not supported on this website, but I'll help you to play homebrew games. You need to look into buying a downgrade dongle. You currently have to downgrade to either 3.41 or 3.55(preferably). If you don't want to try to downgrade, then try to trade your console somehow for one on a lower firmware. Try pawn shops or gamestop for this. You might have to throw them a few dollars to do the trade, but you can usually talk them into it. To answer your questions:
1. I have used 3.55 KMEAW , 3.55 Ultimate, and 3.55 Rebug with Other OS support and have not had any problems with any of these. I think that BitsBubba has released NFW which is supposed to be an easy setup for new people. Stay away from Wankiko because the first version of this has caused bricks
2. Yes you can play discs after installing a custom firmware as long as they are signed using 3.60 keys or lower (all of except the latest 20 or so)
3. Yes you can reverse a jailbreak simply by installing the official firmware. No harm done
4. I won't tell you where to find them, but I have seen at least 95% of all released games available out there somewhere
5. I have a 1 Terabyte internal and a 1 Terabyte external usb drive, each one holding roughly 120 games. Games range in size from 500 Megs to over 40 Gigs. Don't ask me where I got them and I won't have to lie to you. That will give you an idea about how many games you can put on your external drive. There is no need to use DVD-Rs or BD-Rs.
Once you get your console either downgraded or replaced with a console on 3.55 firmware or lower you can private message me and I will help you with a step by step on how to install custom firmware and the how to set it up to play BACKUPS NOT DOWNLOADED BOOTLEGS. Be careful about talking about piracy. You will be banned for it and this site is great for help and the latest news. Also do not ever ask for links to bootlegged games. Nobody will help you.
ok ty so much for your help and i wont do that mistake again ... the downgrade dongle is there any specific i have to buy or do all work? and cant i just reset my ps3 to factory settings somehow?
wait. a jailbreak dongle? so to go from 3.7x to 3.55 you don't need to open the console anymore?
So dude could you give me the make and model of your internal 1 Terabyte Hard Drive ?
Originally Posted by BahumatLord
Also did you have any probelms fitting it inside the ps3 ?
Do u have the phat or the slim ?
I wanted an idea as I have a slim and was thinking a large drive would be good !!
I bought a bulk Western Digital WD10PVT from amazon for right around $100. I have a slim console. It has the same RPMs as the stock drive and that is your best bet to find. The drive is a little bit thicker than the one that came stock with the ps3 so what you have to do is remove the stock hard drive. You'll see that there is a mounting bracket on the old hard drive. Don't bother taking the mounting bracket off of the drive because it won't fit. It is a snug fit with just the drive itself, but I've been using for almost a year now with no problems.
Originally Posted by sad11
Originally Posted by kbf
I am not entirely sure about the downgrade dongles that are out now, but I think that you still need to open the console and be able to solder. You should check some of the help threads on that subject or ask a moderator to point you in the right direction. I don't want to give bad info
Originally Posted by 2dfast
Hi aim new to this kind off things can you please help me by sending a step by step guide to downgread and to do all for playing dowloaded games.i hope in your help.
First thing's first. This site does not support piracy. Do not ask for help playing downloaded games. If you need help setting up a custom firmware, then you can private message me with the details on your PS3. Give me the system version for starters and we will go from there. Piracy talk will not be tolerated here but I will help you setup your ps3 to play your legally owned backups
I have 3.55 geohotz jailbreak i did like 10 months ago. I want to start playing online again what do i need to do. I want to keep the jailbreak and play backed up games online