The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Need help –
Ok, I'm a noob to the PS3 hack scene. I did a lot of reading before making this post. I got my 160gb Slim yesterday, and here's what I did.
1. Update to the OFW 3.55
2. Installed jailbreak PSUPDAT.PUP from geohot's server
3. Installed kmeaw CFW 3.55
4. Installed multiman v1.13.04 --> Got error saying couldn't detect resident payload
5. Installed FIX permission for kmeaw 3.55 --> still get error about resident payload
6. Installed Gaia Manager v2.04 --> multiman no longer gives error about resident payload
7. Installed Rogero Manager v7.9a
8. Used multiman to copy SSFIV and NBA2K11 to internal HDD
All three of the managers I have installed does NOT boot the two games I've copied over to the internal HDD. When I try to load the game, it just kicks me back to XMB.
Am I missing something??? Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and point me in the right direction? I spent several hours reinstalling stuff and redoing jailbreak and reinstalling the CFW, but to no avail. Feels like I'm going in circles and no results.
Thank you in advance.
Once it kicks you back to the XMB, you have to load the game.
1. At XMB, goto /app_home/PS3_GAME and wait a second. Game you selected should appear. Press X to load
With PS3 game in drive:
1. At XMB, goto Game disk icon and you should notice that it's changed into the game you just selected. Press X to load.
OMG...that's it? That worked like a charm. LOL I wasted so much time. sigh...
Originally Posted by chesh
Btw, do you know why multiman gives me that error about resident payload? It stops giving me the error after I boot up Gaia manager though. Does that mean multiman doesn't have a payload, and it needs Gaia to load the payload first before multiman can be used? I'm so confused, I don't even know what a payload is. LOL
Thanks for the help!