The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Missing space and 80010017 error
Missing space and 80010017 error –
I am missing lots of space from my hard drive. I think I have around 40 GB that I cannot account for on my 160 GB harddrive.
I did the following:
1. Started with a clean PS3 outside the box
2. Played Dragon Age and some other games (FF13, Tekken) and let them install in-game.
-- started using jailbreak --
3. Tried the whole jailbreak thing, and backed up some games using Open Manager
4. Accidentally deleted some data files in the PS3 via FTP. I think it was inside the directory created by a game that I installed in-game during #2.
5. I immediately cancelled #4 after having deleted several files. I deleted installed games on disk (during #2) inside the PS3 menu.
6. Played the backed up Dragon Age but I encountered 80010017 error. Other games I backed up were fine (FF13, Fallout, etc.)
Back then I was using:
Open Manager v1.16
Blackbox FTP v1.2
Windows 7, FileZilla
But now I am using
and I still encounter the 80010017 error and still missing a huge chunk of space.
I'm curious whether:
A) I am missing lots of space because I messed up on the accidental deletion. I read about the PS3 having other data in there, but it couldn't take up around 40 out of the 160 GB right? Or is that normal?
B) I can't run my backed up Dragon Age (even though the compatibility list website says it should be working properly) and I encounter the above error.
Is there anything else I should do? I have not yet tried ripping the game again.
Thanks for the help.
Well, to do everything right, I'd re-rip the game again. Also, are you using patched mode? Have you tried another manager? Have you tried reflashing your teensy, as there was a bad batch of hex files out there temporarily?