The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Metal Gear IV not working with or without JB
Metal Gear IV not working with or without JB –
So, yeah. It doesn't work wheter I got JB enabled or not. Here's how it all started:
1. I backed up MGS4 right in the beginning and it worked until ACT4. Once I would load up ACT 4, it would crash right back to XMB.
2. People told me to re-rip it while using OBM 1.16 in patched mode. This resulted in a rip that didn't work in either patched or normal mode. It wouldn't boot and gave me Error at startup (80010017)
3. We tried number of tricks to get it working like deleting game data and stuff. Didn't help.
4. I said, **** it and decided to go unjailbreaked and play from the disc. Guess what? It didn't work! It would start the game and show me the warning about not turning the console off when HDD light is blinking. After that, it would get stuck on the loading screen with the Guns of the Patriots logo. And yes, I did try deleting game data at this point.
5. We discovered that the game would load up when in JB mode. I can start it when I load JB mode and load the DISC from the Open Manager in normal mode. Then it would go right in to the main menu but again, will crash when loading act 4. Trying to load from the disc in JB mode with patched mode enabled only results in the game being stuck at the same point as in 4., at the first loading screen.
What can I do to get this game working? I'd really love to finish the game but I can't since it's not even loading up in the normal unjailbreaked mode! I'm using PS3 with FW 3.41 and Hermes v3 for Rockbox (Ipod Mini 2g). What can I do to fix this?
I know this isn't the most "convienent" method, but why not delete the Game-save and play from act 1-4 and see if the SAME occurs.
I can try that but first I would like to be able to boot the game in unjailbreaked form.
How about going down Payload, some users have said they get games working at v1/v2.
But the thing is, the game doesn't even work when I'm not jailbreaking it. So if I don't use any dongles and payloads and just boot to normal ps3 mode, the game gets stuck on the loading screen.
You said that AFTER trying it LEGIT it worked.
Originally Posted by Poro
Also, did you try WITH and WITHOUT disk?
I'll try to clarify.
Originally Posted by micro
It WORKS when loading from DISC while IN JAILBREAK mode.
It doesn't work when going all legit without any jailbreaks going on and trying an ordinary disc boot. To get it in to the main menu, I must jailbreak the console, put the disc in the drive and load from the disc while jailbreaked. The rip doesn't work.
So going all legit doesn't work, gets stuck on the loading screen.
EDIT: Yeah, I tried it with and without disc, but both give me 80010017 error while trying to load the rip.
P.P.S. I'm going to bed now, it's 12pm here. Thanks for trying to help, I'll get back to you tomorrow.