The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By cupcakesally
Looking for guide on the current DEX situation.
Looking for guide on the current DEX situation. –
Is there a proper CEX->DEX guide, including what you can and cannot do in 4.21DEX versus 3.55CEX and stuff like going back to CEX.
I can find lots of bits and pieces everywhere, but no one source that has all the info.
Specifically, I want to know the following:
- How do I go to 4.21 DEX from 3.55 CEX (REBUG)
- How do I use Multiman on 4.21 DEX?
- Can I still run backups in the old way? (In a GAMES folder on the internal drive)
- If not, is there a similar way to run backups from internal drive?
- Can I still use my legit PSN downloads when going to DEX?
- Does showtime work on DEX, and if it does, are there added limitations?
- How do I go back to 3.55 CEX?
If anyone has written a guide for that, or wants to explain it to me, much appreciated!
there is a cex 2 dex section forms/ps3 forms/ps3 gaming
it has guides on converting your console to dex and Q n A section that answers a lot of the common questions
im sure what youre looking for is on that cex 2 dex section
I'll see if I can help on some of this...
1.It's a bit of a process...basically you run some apps on the ps3 and pc to give you all the files you need(back up everything!). Then you patch the files and flash them to the ps3 using multiman. There are several tutorials about this here and elsewhere. I followed one from another site and it worked with no problems on the first try. You're going to want the way that does NOT involve installation of linux. It's much much easier to deal with.
2. basically you dont. you can do some things with it like browse the filesys, showtime, connect to network servers, ftp, etc. But some functions are limited and it doesn't play backups. From an end user standpoint it acts the same, some things just don't work.
3. not as such. you can run backups off a epecially formatted external using some of the dex options(meaning you can play up to 4.21fw games-provided they have at least 1 psn update).
You can also network serve 3.55 games from your pc and run those without any special formatting of the games themselves, but there is some setup to do on the pc and ps3 to get it all working as it should.
4. see 3. the network method has been working great for me. and you can use multiman to mount them so it's very similar once it's all setup and working.
5. I cannot. somewhere in the process they got deactivated and you cannot log in to psn in order to reactivate them. I am uncertain if apps like react psn work on 4.2 dex. I don't think they do.
6. yes. it's a little setup involved but it seems to be mostly working with some help from multiman.
7. to go back, as best I understand it, you install a special 3.55 dex downgrade pup then from there you install the proper version of multiman and reflash your original ps3 bin(which you should have saved in the original conversion to dex). Then you flash your 3.55 cex that you want. some people report bricking their system trying it though while others have no problem at all. I'm afraid to try it.
Originally Posted by villadelfia
Originally Posted by rockomania