The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
from Kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero CEX 4.30 v2.05, some doubts!
from Kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero CEX 4.30 v2.05, some doubts! –
So, I've been considering to update to Rogero CEX 4.30 v2.05 and I have a couple of questions, I wonder if somebody here can help me.
Right now I am on 3.55 kmeaw and this are my questions;
1. can I just go from Kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero CEX 4.30?
2. Do I need to do the QA flag thing? and what is it for?
3. What is Dehashing? and do I need it?
3. Will I lose my games if I update? the ones on my ps3 and/or the ones on portable HDD?
I just want to be able to play recent games, is online gaming an option? I'm not that concern about that.
I think those are my only doubts, thanks in advance
2. No but it is a good idea and easy enough to do. The flag's main function is to allow the console to accept a firmware update regardless of the version number. This allows for easy downgrading if you ever wanted to in the future but it is also recommended just as a precaution for safer updating as well. It will stay set as long as you stay on custom firmware but it can only be enabled on 3.55 or below CFW.
3. Only if the console was downgraded with a hardware flasher in the past.
4. No there will be no change for ps3 games. Content or homebrew signed for 3.55 may not work or need to be updated/resigned though.
Going online with CFW is always a risk as its detectable. I would recommend at the very least if you go online don't use a profile with content tied to it just incase you did get banned.
I have a guide for updating to the newest Rebug firmware in the Rebug sub-forum. The update process is basically the same if you're using Rogero except for enabling the 4.31 spoof in the last step. Both firmwares are fairly equivalent at this point as far as functionality, a lot of it is up to personal preference. Rebug is a bit more of a custom XMB for 4.30 while Rogero is closer to stock.
Last edited by qwillis; 03-05-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Just enable QA, make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN (in case things go south), remove any game disk from the drive and install Rogero or Rebug 4.30.1 (recommended) from XMB. Also, make sure you update your multiMAN to the latest version and if you have patched games for 3.55, you have to restore the original unpatched files and/or install the latest original unpatched game updates.
Originally Posted by ROYGES
Thank you both, for replying. I always get nervous with hacking Lol.