The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Jailbroken 3.42 to 3.55 OFW - Any issues?
Jailbroken 3.42 to 3.55 OFW - Any issues? –
First time posting, so it's awesome to be here.
I was wondering if it is ok to upgrade to 3.55 OFW from a jailbroken 3.42? Do I need to take any special steps in doing so? Thanks for the help!
1. Upgrade to 3.55 OFW via USB (can find firmware here: Ps3OsRels - EurAsiaWiki)
2. Upgrade to kmeaw's 3.55 CFW via recovery
3. Download lv2.pkg from the front page news
4. Get yourself a BM that's signed for 3.55, either from their respective thread (Rogero, MultiMan, Open Manager, or Gaia) or from here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f118/lis...ew-apps-75092/ (List of Signed Homebrew Apps)
5. Install lv2.pkg and your BM
6. Run lv2.pkg everytime you reboot your PS3 before you want to use your BM (if you don't plan on using the BM, then running lv2.pkg is unneeded).
Oh, just noticed you just want to go to OFW. Then, just follow step 1.
Remove jailbreak dongle. Boot into 3.41
Update to Official 3.55 via usb (on the XMB)
Last edited by drasim; 01-19-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Reason: Just noticed update to OFW only needed
Ok awesome, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the usb device heads up.