1. Do jail broken games go onto the hard drive of the ps3? If so , which ps3 hard drive size do you recommend as a minimum?
2. Where can i find a list to compatiable games with cfw 3.55?
3. Are there ways to avoid getting banned online?
Looking to buy a used ps3 and jailbreaking it. Thanks.
1. Games can be stored on the PS3's internal harddrive or on a USB harddrive, personally I recommend swapping out the internal hdd for the highest capacity drive you are willing to pay for, otherwise USB hdd's are the way to go if your on a budget and it's easier when patching games or backing them up to your PC.
2. Just google PS Jailbreak compatibility list and you'll get heaps of lists, all 3.55 or under games work and about 10 or so 3.56 and over games have patches, or you can get the True blue dongle for nearly 100% compatibility.
3. Sorry no PSN on CFW anymore and probably wont be again, but online gameplay is possible with xbs link or xlink kai but compatibility is very low.
Yes, the games go on the hard drive. You can use both internal and external usb drives. The minimum I would suggest for an internal drive is 1 Terabyte. It sounds like a lot but it fills up faster than you may think. As far as game compatibility, it's basically all but the 30 or so most recent games. Some have been patched to work and we're waiting on the rest. There are very few games that you can't play out of the several hundred available. There are steps to prevent being banned, but the problem is that if you install custom firmware, then you can't go on PSN. You would need to look into dual booting but you would need a nor flasher and an extra 2.5" sata hard drive - you could use the stock hard drive if you decided to replace the internal one