Jailbreak help for Noob
I am a total noob when it comes to jailbreaking the PS3. I have a 3.55 system and I am unsure on how to install jb. I have tried putting the jb PUP files on a USB drive and running an update from storage device to no avail. Keep getting the message that no update could be found. Im beginning to think that this technique may only be for current systems with jb installed. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to jb my console
old homebrew will not work
new homebrew signing tools coming soon…
How to Jailbreak PS3 on v3.55 Firmware:
1. Plug a USB stick into your computer
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3
8. Navigate to Settings Tab
9. Choose System Update
10. Choose Update via Storage Media
11. It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
12. Choose OK
13. Accept Conditions and Install Update
14. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
15. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
16. Your PS3 is now jailbroken!
How to Install Custom Packages on PS3 v3.55 Firmware:
1. Plug your USB stick into your computer
into the root of the USB stick
3. Plug your USB stick into your PS3
4. Navigate to the Game Tab
5. Choose Install Package Files
6. Select the test.pkg
7. After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
8. Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community
I have done exactly that and it did not work. Not sure if it can not find the drive with the file on it or just the file. I have tried it numerous times which result it it stating no update could be found
Try reformating ur usb drive (fat32) on ur computer
What file extraction program are u using on ur pc?
I formatted it in FAT32 before placing the files onto the drive. Its a 15.1GB flash drive and I am using WinRAR for extraction. Should the drive have a Label. I wonder if it may just be a problem with the flash drive. Should I see the message unknown device connected when the USB is plugged in? If so then there is a problem. This message doesn't display when I plug in the USB drive but does for a device such as my digital camera.
Try another flash drive, i used a 4gb
this was very helpfull 2legit2quit. wat would be the next step after this.
i guess installing other signed pkg file like open manager and stuff, right?
can u guide us with the steps till installing and running a game succesfully ? that would be a great help.
many thanks in advance :)
Tried a new USB drive today and it worked perfectly. Must have just been the drive
Does anyone know where I can get the test.pkg? The link on GeoHots site is down and has been for the last day or 2.