Installing games on xmb menu
I find this post on the multiman thread. Did not try yet. If someone did, please feedback
OK Guys after lots and lots of reading this is how i got this to work - the info is all there just takes a while to grasp it all.
Update to OFW 3.55 - Google how to
Install KMEAW (Latest Version)
Install Multiman (Latest Version)
Insert Game (if locks up insert game at xmb then launch Multiman.)
Press O to backup game.
Once backed up remove game and exit Multiman
Need for Speed here is an example - all games ive tried seem to work.
!) Delete all GAME DATA you may have on you PS3 system for "Need for Speed™ Undercover" game!
1) Open multiMAN in file manager mode on your PS3 system (press SELECT+START)
2) Browse to your game (on internal HDD) and press [R3] while PS3_GAME folder is selected - DONT OPEN PS3_GAME Just have mouse curser over it!!
3) This operation will create SHADOW copy of "Need for Speed™ Undercover" to:
and --> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES00449
4) Exit multiMAN
THIS DOES NOT GENERATE A PKG
You need to FTP the game over to your computer BLES***** Folder
BIG TIME SAVING OPTION
You only need to copy the contents of the BLES folder and the EBOOT.BIN in the USRDIR to create the PKG
param.sfo etc and all other FILES in this folder from the PS3
ONLY need EBOOT.bin in here.
Drag that over the ebootfix.exe and it will create the PKG for the game just fine.
No need to copy the WHOLE GAME to computer.
The EBOOTFIX.EXE from Multiman MEGA package.
This WILL create the PKG Needed.
5) Copy the generated PKG file to the root folder of USB stick or USB HDD:
--> for firmwares 01.90-03.41: "[BLES00449] Need for Speed Undercover (HDD).pkg"
--> for firmwares 03.55- : "[BLES00449] Need for Speed Undercover (HDD)-FW_355.pkg"
6) Install the PKG file from [* Install package file] menu on your PS3
7) Launch the game directly from "Need for Speed™ Undercover (HDD)" icon on the [GAME] column in XMB
8) If prompted to update to newer version - cancel the update
Job Done People, i hope you find this useful.