How to use PS3 with CFW, first time user. –
I got my very first PS3 (in my sig) yesterday, flashed OFW 3.55 and after Kmeaw CFW. So far i only have Gaia Manager installed.
I need some insight on how to play backed up games i spent all night trying to find out how to do it, but only managed to run some game from *.pkg file.
- How to play games from genuine disk that require higher firmware (e.g. I got Crysis 2 disk and it requires v3.56) as i read about RedBug firmware with version spoofer for PSN, can spoofer be used to play game from disk too?
- If i have game that works and how can i back it up to external hard drive, i need to do it from PS3 or PC? Do i create ISO or Just file copy or some special format?
- I got backed up game in ISO format how do i run it, i tried Gaia Manager and it does not see it, should i just extract files from ISO and FTP them into hdd0/GAMES/mygame folder to make it work?
- Is there difference in process between playing backed up PS3 and PS2 games considering that my console has hardware PS2 support?
- Not quite clear why there is on menu of Kmeaw "* /app_home/ps3_PS3GAME/" do i need to FTP game files to that folder if i don't use Gaia?
P.S. i have not played single game yet so help me get over my confusion please.
Original Model PS3 - 20 GB (CECHBxx) Hardware PS2 support, Running CFW Kmeaw 3.55