The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
hiya 3.30 software –
hiya just bought a ps3 120 slim and had a look though some forums wondering what best way to get it jailbroke and if so can i play online with it . thanks x
Please go read the PS Jailbreak FAQ sticky in the General Jailbreak sub-forum before you ask another question. Not trying to be mean, just trying to save you from the flaming that's about to commence.
1. Upgrade your PS3 to 3.41. You can find the firmwares here: Ps3OsRels - EurAsiaWiki Get the silent 2nd release
2. You'll need some form of a JB device. You can use any of the devices listed here: Device compatibility list - PSFreedom Wiki and even some more (Sansa mp3 players, TI calculators, iPod's, etc)
3. If you don't have any of the supported devices in that list get a dev board or a dongle. As for which one to get, that's completely up to you. I'd suggest doing some research in the General Jailbreak forum and the sub-forums for the various dongles that are you there. Get a feel for what other users think about it before you pull the trigger. There are plenty of cheap dongles out there that are good, and there are plenty that are shit.
4. You can't play online unless you're on firmware 3.55. If you're on firmware 3.55, you can no longer jailbreak or downgrade (for the time being). Sorry, that's just the way it works.
5. If you wish to play backups, you may want to invest in a bigger internal drive or an external. Internal drives have to be 2.5" SATA laptop HD's with a thickness no greater the 9.3mm. You'll also want to make sure the drive is 5400 RPM (7200 RPM cause heat issues) and don't get a WD Green or Black series (they have spin down times that can cause stuttering). Most people have had more success w/ Maxtor and Seagate drives. If your'e getting an external, it doesn't matter the size, but it has to be formated as FAT32. Google fat32format for a utility that will format large HDD's as a FAT32 partition.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, but make sure they are educated questions and not something that has been explained 1000x's in these forums.
cheers m8 for info prob just going to update it then because i love cod ha hopefully something will change in the future with it touch wood cheers again