The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
help noob: setup ps3break driver v1.2
help noob: setup ps3break driver v1.2 –
Hello fellow members,
I just bought a ps3 slim w/ 3.41 fw and a ps3break driver v1.2 and i need help (walk through) how to get it working.
I went to the download section of PS3,break, PS3break,PS3 dongle, PS3break.com and downloaded all the files relating to ps3break driver v1.2
Does it matter if I upload all the files all the same time via USB stoarage media or is there a sequence I need to follow?
example: upload to ps3 the open manager Open manager OM2.01c.pkg
followed by PS3Break Firmware1.7
Thanks to all who can help out.
First thing you will do is put the Firmware 1.7 on the Ps3break. Until you get that device going, you will not be able to upload the Open Manager to the Ps3. The Ps3Break with the flashed firmware is what enables you to upload and install the pkg files.
Flash Ps3Break with Firmware 1.7.
Plug in to Ps3 and make sure it boots to the exploit.
On a FAT usb stick put the Open Manager pkg file.
With the exploited Ps3 running, insert the usb stick and then install the pkg.
To save you time also install a FTP pkg
If that all works, you are good to go. Install some homebrew and do some backups.
I have the Ps3break 1.2 and it runs great!
I thought the tutorial on gogosoftware.com was very thorough. What seems to be the issue??
I also just got my new ps3break v1.2 and before I start was just wondering how to flash the new 1.7 fw on it? There isn't any clear instructions on their website?? I downloaded all the files they say to but now what?? Sorry for the noob questions but I don't want to mess it up.
Originally Posted by jnkstuff
The pdf guides, as someone mentioned, are pretty clear on getting psbreak going.
1. Download and install Burner software on your PC.
2. Download the latest firmware file.
3. Launch Burner application on your PC.
4. Insert psbreak dongle into USB port on PC.
5. Press Upgrade button on psbreak dongle in with pen or other pointed object, hold a few seconds, release, at that point the Burner software should show it detects the dongle.
6. Select your model of PSBreak from the dropdown list in Burner app.
7. Browse to and select the firmware file you downloaded, then select the version of firmware to install from drop-down list.
8. Hit the upgrade button.
9. After a second or two it'll indicate it's done and remove the dongle (the light is still flashing on mine at this point typically).
10. Download Open Manager (or whatever game manager you want) pkg file from wherever and copy to FAT32 usb format drive of some sort (stick, passport, etc).
11. Start the PS3 as directed with dongle inserted. If it's working you'll see the option to 'Install package files' added to your Games options list. Click that and it should detect any/all pkg files on the external usb drive. Highlight the Open Manager one, click it, it'll take a second or two, play games (as long as weren't ones released over the past month ;-()