The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
has anyone actually managed to upgrade hdd and backup the trophies with ftp??
has anyone actually managed to upgrade hdd and backup the trophies with ftp?? –
What the title says, has anyone upgraded the hdd in a jailbroken ps3 and didnt loose the not synced trophies by transfering them with ftp. Someone in this forum told me that he did but i havent heard it in any other place. Any info would be awesome
p.s sorry for my english
Last edited by pablogers; 10-24-2010 at 06:58 PM.
anybody hereeee?????.... cmon guys,someone must know something!!!
yep, i know i was in that thread... but i never got the real idea .. so i guess i can backup the hd0 with awesome filemanager and then back to the new internal drive.. thanks
Okay, I just installed a new drive and was successful in backing up trophy and savedata. Here's what I did (model CECHB01, firmware 3.15, 10/23 PL3 release on Rockbox Nano 1G):
1) Boot in JB mode, install and run blackb0x FTP 1.2
2) From remote PC, download entire contents of /dev_hdd0
3) Shut off, remove old drive, install new drive, power on in non-JB mode, allow PS3 to format and initialize, shut off.
4) Boot in JB mode, reinstall and run blackb0x FTP 1.2
5) From remote PC, upload entire contents of downloaded /dev_hdd0 back onto PS3 (Actually, I uploaded everything EXCEPT /dev_hdd0/vm/vm0, but I'm not sure if that makes any difference). Exit blackb0x.
6) PS3 crashes upon return to XMB...
7) Reboot (don't bother with JB mode this time). PS3 repairs its file system structure and reboots itself in non-JB mode regardless of original boot mode. Shut off.
8) Boot in JB mode. Ta-da! Trophies and savedata are back.
Seems simple enough, eh? Back up data, install new drive, restore data. Easy peasy.