The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
God of War PS3 Bundle –
So during Black Friday I picked up the God of War 3 + Anthology + 160 GB PS3 bundle from GameStop (whom I hate, but it was a really good deal). I've been holding off on what to do with it, but seeing as how the smoke has mostly cleared and 3.41 seems to be the victor (at least until eboots of my favorite games are made), I figured I'd look into it.
But before I open it, I have some questions seeing as how my lurking skills have yet to locate a thread for bundles and the like.
1. What firmware does it ship with? I'm not even sure if 3.55 existed during Black Friday. It does mention on the box that it ships with "Netflix Ready!" so I assume it's at least 3.42+
2. Is it downgradable without any loss of functionality? Note that the model version is apparently CECH-2501A, but is this different from if it were bought separate? Are any other problems associated with this model?
3. Has a downgrade for the TI-84+ been made yet?
This is more or less something that wasn't made clear, in the compatibiliy thread, does "does not work without disc" mean I need the actual game disc or just any dick in the disk slot. One game I've been itching to try is AC:Brotherhood and that apparently rapes your PS3 with a razor if you try it without a disc.
1. Best guess would 3.40.
2. Yes you can downgrade from 3.50 to 3.41 without any problems by using one of the jailbreak devices.
3. I think so, don't own the device so can't say for sure.
4. Any blu ray game in the drive will do. So you can use your gow3 game disc to play other games using your legit game backups and any backup manager like multiman.
PS3: Slim 120GB on 3.41FW
Ext HDD: 500GB Segate Free AgentGO
JB Device: EciliPS3 (16kb) & P3GO (128mb)
Payload: Hermes V4B
Alright thanks, ill come back later to report on the exact specifications. Can't wait to try AC:B, too bad I can't enjoy the online (my PS3+ all the games I got have just been sitting here for almost 2 months), but at least I'll get to play it with faster loading.
Alright so I fired it up, and despite that it says it ships with "NETFLIX INSTANT-STREAMING READY", it actually came with 3.41.
I pretty much orgasm'd on the spot and said "SWEET JESUS YES" in real life, which...kinda surprised my room mate. So none of what I was worried about applies.
Don't know if you can still get one of these bundles, and even if I did wait 2 months to open it...but still 3.41 out of the box. Welp now I get to spend a few hours copying all these games to the hard drive (which is only actually 130 gb, but still, plenty. Gonna keep GoW3 on the disk though to save space).
Kinda glad I stayed home from uni classes today. Get to fail my classes AND play vidya games all day now, instead of passing Organic Chem with a B, yay.