The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Game Patches / Eboots ???
Game Patches / Eboots ??? –
So, despite me testing out all current CFW's and Backup Managers, there is still one thing I don't understand.
What Are Game Patches and Eboots ?
I have been reading threads from people asking for them, threads for people linking to them, but I haven't found a thread that actually says what they are.
Does it have something to do with game compatibility, or is it to get a game to do something it current doesn't for example boot discless when it currently doesnt boot discless.
My questions are...
What Is A Game Patch ?
What Is An Eboot ?
Are They The Same Thing ?
What Do They Do ?
Do I Need Them ?
Are They Recommended ?
My Personal situation at the moment if it even matters to the above is...
MultiMan 1.14.0 Using Syscall36
All Boot From Disc - Due To Syscall36
1. Game patches were created for people that wanted to go to 3.55 and get backups working before lv2 patching had happened.
2. Eboot.bin files are the executables for the game
4. People doing this type of patching were faking out the game to make it think it was a PSN package. It does make some games work that previously didn't using BM's
5. Not unless you come across a game that doesn't work
6. That's completely up to you. If you absolutely have to have, let's say, MW2 working, then the only way to do it is with a modified eboot.bin and a package.
Last edited by mark.j.tarr; 01-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.