The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ftpserver and winscp guide need - help?
1. Connect your PS3 to the internet. If you're worried about it updating, use a fake DNS server (22.214.171.124 will work)
2. Install and run Blackbox FTP
3. It should show your IP address
4. Read Blackbox FTP's documentation for default username/password
5. Use WinSCP to connect to the PS3's IP address and use the default username/password
6. Everything you should need (internal) is under dev_hdd0
Thanks... Where should I put a fake DNS server as 126.96.36.199 ? And for dev_hdd0.. I put GAMEZ folder in there, right ? Thank you.
Originally Posted by chesh
You have to go through a manual setup of your internet settings in order to set your DNS address to something different. You should still be able to do DHCP for everything but DNS.
As for the GAMEZ folder, it depends on which manager you're using. The folder for your games could go into dev_hdd0/GAMEZ, dev_hdd0/BDRIPS, dev_hdd0/games/any # of OMAN or LAUN folders here/GAMEZ
Best thing to do to figure out where it goes, is backup a game to your internal drive via your BM and see where it saves to. You can cancel if you don't want to actually backup the game there, you just need the path.