The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
FTP Help –
Bit of a noob but I`ve had a minimus AVR running since early days
Im using Hermes V4b and open manager
I usually get files, stick on 1Tb Ext HD and copy over to internal using OM
I`m dying to play GT5 but I read you`ve got to FTP it over to the internal
Can anyone give me a "spade is a spade" description on how to do this ??
I`ve just got multiman (not installed yet) and also got cuteftp but to be honest its all very confusing at present
Please help if you can and resist the urge to flame
1. Install Blackb0x FTP server v1.2
2. Make a network connection on your PS3 if it isn't already connected to your network (wired is prefered)
3. Run blackb0x. Take note of your PS3's IP address
4. On your computer, load up your FTP client and put in your PS3's ip address
5. Once logged into your PS3, transfer over GT5 to the proper place on your internal HDD (all depends on what backup manager you're using. Easiest way to tell is start a backup to your internal HDD, take note of where it's saving, and then cancel it)
For Ftp clients, most use Filezilla but I believe it isnt as good as most claim it to be. I prefer WINSCP.
Filezilla is good, but due to person
FlashFXP is a much more stable and reliable FTP client! Don't just ask me. Lots of people think the same! I had major issues with FileZilla and disconnects. Switched to FlashFXP and no more problems!
Step 5 determines where to place the game folder? Right now i'm confused about where to place the Blu1234 folder, i have a hdd0/games and a hdd0/game folder on the ps3 internal, the dev_hdd0/game folder contains some folders that are named BLU1234 and BB1234. I figure that those are the save games, so im not sure if the full game should go in the same hdd0/game folder as well?
Originally Posted by chesh
btw the 1234 are just random numbers i made up, too lazy to run back and forth with the real numbers for the folder names lol :P
still not done yet as d/l didnt finish till 3am
managed to put blackb0x on and get IP
also put multiman on, that things pretty impressive
wont get chance to try until tonight