A few questions from a beginner
I'm new to the PS3 scene, but not new to hacking/jailbreaking/whatever you call it. I have a Galaxy S3 with a custom Rom flashed and I used to have a PSP running CFW. I recently traded my friend PS3's so I would have one that was able to be downgraded to 3.55 OFW. The model number on mine is CECHE01 and a little research told me it is a very old PS3. Anyways I've been wanting to do this for awhile now and I'm super excited!
You probably see dumb threads like this all the time so I'm going to jump to it.
1. I've been lurking a bit and have read a lot about Dongles (Cobra, E3 Flasher) Are these necessary? What do they actually do? And am I going to have to do any hardware modifications to the system in order to run CFW?
2. Multiman is the way to go, right?
3. Which CFW is recommended? And which version of CFW are all the cool kids using? I have all these newer games I want to run as BACKUPS. I want to be able to do emulation as well. A little research has me leaning towards REBUG. What do you guys (maybe gals) think?
4. I have all these brand new PS3 games. And would like to run them as BACKUPS on my system once I get it up and running. I'm a little confused as to how I will actually do this. Do I just download and run an image? This is totally legal because BACKUPS.
5. I want to run emulators. Once again, as BACKUPS. Specifically a PSP emulator. Are there any good working ones? Links? Once I do get my hands on one, is it just something I install and run from the XMB?
6. Will I still be able to play online? I've read a bit about spoofs. How effective are these? And what are the odds of me getting banned?