The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Factory Service Mode doesn't work with Dongle
Factory Service Mode doesn't work with Dongle –
As I announced in my last thread, i want to remarry the bd drive of my ps3 fat (3.41).
I've read several posts and manuals for this plan.
Yesterday i wanted to start to get my PS3 into Factory Service Mode - with my ATMEL 90USB1287 Dongle.
After uploading the PSGrade hex file (via Flip 3.4.3) onto this dongle, nothing happened on startup of the console.
what i did:
- hex to dongle (Flip) (erase - check - program - verify ... yeah)
- dongle into PS3 (powered off, switch at back)
- switch on
- power button + eject button within the "2 seconds"
- green led on ps3 + led of the dongle lighten up
- normal menu shows up (without the shiny red FSM rectangle)
so, even with waiting in menu for something to happen, nothing new shows up.
neither after a normal restart of the console, nothing is any different than before.
-> is it that i may have used the wrong hex files (i've tried several, psgrade, hermes, teenys ... )?
thanks for any help - for any ideas !
Last edited by CmdrPsyco; 09-02-2011 at 03:45 AM.