Corrupt flash/Serious Error 8002f281 and No Working BD Drive (how i recovered)
Im tired so this may drivel a little but just putting a quick guide together if your situation fits the bill as above.
* I could not recover from the option 6 recovery menu
* It said my hard disk could not be accessed when trying to format
* Multiple Serious Errors etc
* I bought a 120GB hd which turned out to be a waste of cash as my original was working fine.
You need these things to recover.
* A downgrader key or a working andriod phone with the downgrader stuff within it. If going android start here : PS3 Downgrading using your Android Mobile | PS3 Hacks - PS3 Hack (i used htc desire gsm)
*The lv2diag.self files (both file 1 and file2) all over the internet.
* An appropriate BDB Rom from this thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f149/blu...nations-78481/
*Blank USB Formatted to FAT32
Now the steps i took.
* Get your PS3 into service mode by using either downgrader (power on and eject real quick).
* It will turn itself off this is normal.
* Put the PSUPDAT.PUP file in the ROOT (not PS3/UPDATE) folder of the usb - AND - the lv2diag.self (file1) in the ROOT of the USB.
* Insert USB into right most usb slot and Power on PS3 as normal
* Leave your PS3 for about 10 mins, if you notice it take a while then the red light flash 3 times and shutdown your about to be a happy chappy.
* Turn ps3 on with no keys installed, you will get back to the main ps3 menu but in service mode.
* Turn ps3 back off via the normal way and delete all the contents off the usb or back them up for next time ;-)
* Put the lv2diag.self (file2) in the root of the usb stick, insert the usb with this one file into the right most usb slot and power on as normal.
* Then once the system has turned itself off remove your USB and now your PS3 is back!
No credit here for any of the work. It may just help another noob like me save hours of his/her life!.
I tried everything, but the recovery mode simply does not restore any of my firmwares, service mode restored everyone!!!.
Recovery is via the power button second beep method and service mode is only aquired via these downgraders etc (i never knew the difference until recently, wasted hours etc!).
Hope this helps someone out.